Hope you're all keeping well and making music as much as you can at home, we can't wait to welcome you back for rehearsals, instrumental lessons and baby & toddler classes! Please note these dates are provisional and may change if Covid targets aren't met.
8th March - Option to resume individual face to face lessons (for children preparing for exams)
12th April - Reopening outdoor baby/toddler and after school classes (Days, times and prices remain the same)
17th May - Reopening indoor rehearsals (max. participant restrictions still in place)
21 June - Return to normal studio capacity for rehearsals, individual practice and all classes.
Much love and stay healthy!
Jackie and Harry xx
Dear bands, teachers and friends,
I hope you are keeping as well and strong as you can and playing lots of music at home. It has taken 33 years to get Under the Bridge to what it is today, it's benefited from the energy of many wonderful clever people whose skills and ideas shaped it to meet the changing needs and circumstances of our community. We believe that this spirit of community will help us to adjust and MOVE ON TOGETHER.
The health and wellbeing of everyone is our top priority. We've made additional changes to our policies and booking systems in order to adjust to advise from the Health and Safety Executive, and the Government as the Covid-19 situation develops.
With very much love and gratitude for your ongoing support,
WHAT WE'RE DOING TO ENSURE SAFETY...
- Each room now has a maximum occupancy to facilitate two metre social distancing.
- The entire studio has been repainted with wipeable paint, ready for stringent cleaning between users. We have removed all non-essentials and installed wipeable drum mats and pop shields.
- We are providing hand sanitiser in every room. However, we won't be offering drinks and biscuits for the foreseeable future.
- Half hour gaps between each band will allow for cleaning between bookings. We hope some will choose to practice in the daytime, to reduce pressure on evening bookings.
ESSENTIAL GUIDELINES FOR YOU...
- Please bring your own sticks, cymbals, guitar leads and microphones.
- Please make sure you book a room with suitable capacity. The Studio will not allow more people in each room than its safe maximum.
- We will ask you to wait outside until your room has been cleaned.
- More details can be found in online bookings
Local charity sells handmade face masks
'One of our residents, a skilled seamstress who is a refugee from Iraqi Kurdistan, is making high quality masks to help minimise the spread of the Covid-19 virus within the local community.
The masks have a double layer of cotton, with space for a disposable filter (such as a paper towel). The top edge has a mouldable wire, to help fit the mask more closely to your face. They are hand washable, so they can be cleaned and reused when you next need to go out for shopping or essential tasks.
Our volunteers can deliver your mask(s) to you by hand (contact free), in the Brighton & Hove area. Outside Brighton, we will send them by post.
Please donate what you can afford - suggested donation: £6 per mask or £10 for two. Please add £2 to your donation to cover postage costs, if applicable. Funds will be used to cover the cost of materials, pay the maker for her time and support our charitable work of providing homes for refugees and migrants who would otherwise be homeless.'
click below to support
Under the Bridge fundraiser
Piano students put on a live streamed concert as part of the Just Giving Under the Bridge fundraiser. You can still donate and watch the concert!